Stain Removal Chart & Instructions:
- Select the appropriate cleaner according to the chart below.
- Begin with the cleaner listed first, allowing the spot to dry.
- If the stain remains, proceed to the next recommended cleaner.
|Coffee, Tea, Milk||1|
|Juice, Soft Drinks||1|
|Mustard, Catsup, Chocolate||1|
|Cooking Oil, Mayonnaise||1 2|
|Crayon, Lipstick||1 2|
|Grease, Shoe Polish, Motor Oil||2 1|
|Furniture Polish, Ink||2 1|
- Mild soap (such as Joy, Dove, Ivory or other hand-dishwashing liquids) and water. Use a clean cloth or soft sponge to dab the stain with soapy water. Remove the soap solution by wiping the area with a cloth and clean water. Dry with a soft lint-free cloth or towel.
- Mild petroleum solvent such as naphtha (lighter fluid) or mineral spirits (paint thinner). Lightly wipe the stain with a clean cloth that has been moistened with solvent. Blot the area and allow to dry.
- One part Wisk detergent and one part rubbing alcohol. Dab lightly with a cloth that has been moistened with the solution. Do not rub. As the ink loosens, blot the area with a dry cloth. Repeat if necessary. Rinse with a cloth dampened in clean water and dry with a soft cloth. Ballpoint pen ink can be removed with Maji-Clean Ink Sticks that are available through Majilite.
NOTE: Exercise proper care when using solvents or solvent cleaners. Some solvents are flammable. Read and follow manufacturers directions on labels. Use with adequate ventilation and wear protective gloves.