The chemical composition of glues varies widely and it may not be possible to remove every glue from NYTEK® products. For water-based or rubber-based (in petroleum solvent) glues, the following procedure may be helpful:
- Working with a small area, wet a clean white cloth with mineral spirits.*
- Wet the edge of the adhesive with the mineral spirits, and gently roll it into a ball, pulling it off the NYTEK® surface.
- After the adhesive has been removed, clean the affected area with mineral spirits on a new clean white cloth.
- Wipe off any excess solvent and allow the piece to air dry. If the affected area still feels sticky or has a hazy appearance, then some adhesive remains.
- Repeat the process until the NYTEK® is restored to its original color and gloss.
* Mineral spirits is a clear water white solvent sold in hardware and paint stores, often as paint thinner for oil-based paints. A combustible liquid, it is a distillate of petroleum and has a mild odor similar to kerosene. Keep it away from ignition sources, use with adequate ventilation, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Avoid alcohols, ketones such as acetone, and nail polish removers.